Monday, August 10, 2009

Bring It.

or don't? I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge.
I'm sitting with my swollen feet up as high as they'll go hoping they will deflate asap. swollen feet, typical in this heat during a pregnancy but a little more frustrating tonight for this reason.

We were sitting in the car with a joke of an a/c when annie suddenly shouts, "i'm gonna barf kel!"
I turned around to see her little face bright red and dripping in sweat like someone had flipped a switch on in her little body. I quickly tried to bend over the seat to find something for her to puke in but keep in mind my giganto belly was jammed between the two front seats and the center console blocking me from getting to her.
bla bla bla you could imagine what the next 20 minutes was like as I started swelling up like a balloon and became short of breathe just from trying to move in the heat. good news is she never did throw up! it all came out the other end. in the car. with no a/c.

we survived cause thats what we do, but on the drive home I started thinking about my poor parents. I was the child that wasn't allowed in the car without an empty gallon size ice cream tub between my legs. I was a puker. ok, maybe I still am. shh. its a secret. My poor parents had to jump to the back to save me in almost every car ride of my childhood years.

then it hit me like a smack in the face.
In 31/2 months I will be giving birth to a reproduction of myself.

Lord, have mercy on my soul.

2 comments:

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

I'm gonna start stealing those airline barf bags for you now. I travel a lot...you know I can rack up a stash of those puke puppies! :)

Kelly Anne said...

thanks! i'd bring them home when I flew too but I use 'em.. tmi. i know, i know. poor me. haha