Thursday, June 4, 2009

Diaper Bags


So of course I have been anxious to start a registry for our little baby. People have already asked if we have one so they can start shopping. so sweet!!
I'm a practical kinda girl... My husband and I registered at target when we got married okay? the glitz and the glamour aren't really necessary, just the basics. For the baby its the same.
So throughout my many days spent laying on the couch in between bathroom runs I have had alot of time to just look at and dream about baby stuff and still, I can't help but be practical. Babies are simple and they don't need much, can't say I won't get carried away with the little registration gun but, I'll try...
ONE EXCEPTION. I have decided. There is one thing I will not be practical about. THE DIAPER BAG. I realized today that this bag full of wipes, dirty diapers, bottles and many other baby things is going to become my new purse. If you think I'm gonna settle with a $30 pastel plastic velcro bag with a rattle hanging off the side, THINK AGAIN! I'm gonna spoil myself with a nice one.. fine, maybe not coach, but close to it! If this thing is going to house my cell phone and lip gloss along with the burp clothes, its gonna at least look adorable. and I don't mean, pink elephants and blue aligator adorable, I mean looks like a designer bag even though it cost less adorable.
I think every mom should invest in a hott diaper bag... just because you have a cutie pie hangin on your hip doesn't mean you have to have a cutie pie bag hangin from yo shoulder honay...
Time to start savin...

2 comments:

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

Do work son! Get you a cute rockin' bag!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Petunia Pickle Bottom has great diaper bags too. I have two that I bought on a great discount at an online outlet. Check it out and if you're interested I can send you the link....I agree that Coach would have been better...but to me PPB was a good compromise. I must have done something right because Ben refuses to carry it because it's too much like a purse ;)