Saturday, November 15, 2008

Not So Desperate Housewife

This picture makes me laugh only because its pretty much me. Maybe change the pink dress to some jeans and tshirt and reduce the size of the fire since i haven't started one so large... yet... and yeah. this would be the last month of my life. I'm not even kidding, just ask my brother and sisters how their mac'n'cheese tasted. yikes. I'm really trying though!

... I just got back from a Batten Boutique that my Nonni's cousin held in honor of my sisters. It was fantastic. I can't believe the work they put into it!! They were so excited to see the girls, and Catie had the perfect morning for it. She was dancing and singing all the way up to sac! she hasn't had a morning like that in about a week. The fam hit up McDonalds for lunch on the way home.. I stuck with a diet soda and made some spinach when I got home. yum. Funny how since we got married people have noticed how "healthy" and "in love" Kyle and I are. I get it ok?? haha but can someone please explain to me how gaining some weight for a guy shows that he is being well taken care of and is in love, but gaining weight for a girl means you're letting yourself go. the nerve!! hahahahaha whatever. My spinach was delish... I really should have never gone this morning as much as I loved it. I had a fever when I left the house. I just might be as stubborn as Kyle says. Finally, I'm laying in bed. Gives me tons of time to think, and there is alot to think about.

It feels like everyone is watching and waiting to see what my job situation is going to turn out to be. I've been asked a million times why I'm not working and then given plenty of reasons why I should be. I haven't run into too many people that are thrilled about the choices Kyle and I have chosen for our family back when we were first dating. Stay at home mom. WHAT??!! why would you? you can't do that these days, thats stupid, be independant, why wouldn't you be making more $$ if you are able to, thats degrading... I have heard alot and I'm not even a Mom yet!! yikes. Its a bit frustrating. Thankfully I don't feel the need to explain myself or situation to anyone, so it takes some of the pressure off. But sometimes, I almost enjoy telling people my job situation just to see the puzzled looks on their faces and hear what they feel they need to tell me to do with myself. Truth is Kyle and I are getting by just fine. No matter how redic people think this sounds, God has taken care of us completely! I still have clients coming to the house for haircuts/colors and I'm taking care fo Catie and Annie still which I have grown to love even more. Annie asks regularly if I'm going to come over to play with her. Its awesome. I also have been asked about making some cakes since mom and dads anniversary. All these things keep us floatin'. I know its not anything I have done either, its just praying and having faith that we will be taken care of. A friend of mine asked me to help with a bridal party doing some updos. I drove to vallejo, made $100.00 came back to vacaville, tried to start the car and the battery was dead. That extra hundred covered the battery. Then on top of it all, the battery was taken care of for us by someone else! How does that happen??!! I'll admit. I'd love a new pair of uggs and some new sweaters for fall but hey, if things can keep going the way they are I'm fine without that stuff. Kyle and I have learned SO MUCH in the last month. This week was supposed to be my job hunting week since the anniversary party is over and i babysat for dad and mom. Kyle asked me to wait. He said we can get through til January because he'd like to have me home for the holidays, not working while he has break from school. He has been extra affectionate. I think its true!! Guys love to be taken care of! He loves to come home to a clean house, with dinner ready and see his happy relaxed wife and don't get me wrong. He does not expect it, ask for it or get mad if its not like that one day. He is constantly throwing "thank you's" and "I love you's" and stuff at me all the time. It is exciting to have talked about the lifestyle we would love to have in the future and now with God's provision be able to be living it. I know people can't understand that, thats been made very clear. We do though, and we are SO excited. ...I am praying that I get the right job at the right time. God knows where I need to be and what I need to be doing. I'm not worried about it.

I can type for days. yikes.

Now a nap. I need to sleep off this cold. Dad was right. He said, "You should never pierce your nose... what if you get a cold?!" My nose ring is infected. ugh.

5 comments:

Brazen Hussey's said...

Kelly,

Here is my two cents for what it is worth:

It sounds like what you two are planning is wonderful. What a great way to start your marriage by being a helpmeet to your husband. It is a shame that we must be ashamed to want to support our husband. It is sad that people feel the freedom to question your wisdom. As if they would stand idly by if we questioned the wisdom of going out to work full-time.

I have found that as I have bucked the cultural norms, people feel more free to "judge" my decisions or give me their opinions.(and I hate this term becuase it is so wrongly and overly used most often)These are usually the same folks who would call you judgemental in one hot second if you dared question why they live their life.

I will totally encourage my daughter's to be a support to their husbands at home, whether or not they have children.

What a beautiful time to be free to enjoy your marriage, to learn how to be the wife that God has intended you to be. You are also free to help serve your parents with the needs of Catie and Annie. What a blessing. What an encouragement to have a husband who is actually telling you to stay at home and be his helpmeet! That is so rare. Enjoy this time. It is fleeting.

All of this to say: keep bucking those standards. Listen to your husband. God put him over you for a reason. It sounds like he is a good and wise husband who loves his wife very much.

I encourage you to continue to resist the standards (which I just wrote a post about yesterday) and follow the leading of your husband as you both look to Christ for how your family will look.

With love from one thanful housewife to another,

Tasha

So, I too can write forever. But, I admire your decision and I don

Brazen Hussey's said...

Okay, so I am an idiot because I have that part at the bottom that I didn't finish or delete. I am a loser I admit it fully....

That's why they have a preview button. Maybe I will try that next time. Sorry!

Anthony Allio said...

More and more I'm understanding that today's standards held by others really shouldn't mean anything. All of the "Really? Do you make any money?" and "Oh well what about school?" have shown me that it doesn't matter what people think YOU should do. They're not you, and if people don't understand let them. You and Kyle decide what's best for your family. Kyle is honestly one of the smartest and most level headed dudes I know, and he wouldn't do anything to put you guys into any trouble. You don't have to answer to anyone! Love ya

Laura Lee said...

Ditto everything Tash said.

Trust God, enjoy your husband, and love those sisters! As you know, time is precious--a gift, and that gift belongs to you.

BTW: I've got three heads for you to cut, if you want 'em.

Laura Lee said...

Seriously, at least three heads. Email or call me. I'm in desperate need of a cut and maybe some color.